The house is one of the oldest in the old town with the old city walls from the 1200 century intact in the room. On the ground floor to Österlånggatan was a horse stable in the 1700s. In the 1800 century it was a sail making company. The basement was also used as a egg storage.
Baggensgatan is a continuation of Bollhusgränd and runs parallel to Österlånggatan. It went just inside the old city wal and retains its slightly curved stretch. The street name is after Admiral Jakob Bagge, who lived at the corner of Svartmangatan. Before the street was called “the street between the walls east side””